Sunday, March 18, 2007

I heard she has a soul

heard she has a soul
and it is the ocean
vast and deep
raging, full wakeful sleep
She said she lives for me
But why should I care
Her breath is mine
and I am fine
no need to read
the letters and submissions
filled with omissions
exchanging dialogue
within white house universities
there are other adversities
I cast my eyes to
I heard she has a soul
and it is the sky
Brilliant, blue with diamond eyes
flickering with the bickering
of trusts and lusts
and oversized combo-rations
99 down and new decorations
don't pay until 2010
until then...
She said she lives for me
But why should I care
When was there time to feel
overworked, stressed out and billed
taxed braked and shaking
too much to handle
toss about and shake me
overloaded sensations
in contemplation of dollar signs
to stop
and think
we are all very incomplete
out of sync
shredding through spam
in a can of reality
served cold and
leaving us all
alone.
I heard she has a soul
and it is beat in me
raging pull, set it free
singing motivation
break free from suffocation
with a power to prevail
ink filled, electronic or otherwise
to dispel the lies
of a hundred tries
talk it, walk it and truly do
anything but wait...
She says she lives for me
and one eve' just after pause
when day turned into dusk
and dusk to dawn
I silenced my protest-ations
like a maestro at the end of ovations
because She said she lives for me
and I need to be
like the ocean and the sky
in my small voice
lift up and cry
telling of the need to see
with all of our eyes
the we's, the you's
the them's and us-es
in all our daily grinds
rhythms and rhymes
passing of the time
in ticks, tocks
Lives for me
breaths and dies by me
I heard she has a soul
and I believe