Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 06

January
lingered on in the death
of a bad thing
February
martyred self
to find the days
of March
open with brotherly
love
April came and went
the lion and the lamb
content
as May brought
courage in a heiniken
marking 1/3 of my life lived
June was unusual
Schools ending 'round the bend
and July saw its passing
love found and lap dancing
August and September
nights of squander
and much laughter
while October
caused my blind eyes to see
November was really
just about me
as I let newness in
tastes of lovely "sin"
giving life to the seeds
of Decembers
blooming
with uncanny warmth
and discovery of self
worth, devotion
ending a year of a
rollercoaster of emotion
to see the new year
ushered in
this 06 to end
and chances for
a changed me
a wiser, more fullfilled we
to see
another year
of adventure.

Goodbye 06
may your lessons learned
and memories burn
long and true in my nights
may your mornings
and mournings
ups and down rumblings
fumblings
tossing turns and tumblings
always
stay forever a reminder
that life
is

actually

very

beautiful